We have reviewed for the visitors' benefit an additional number of sites, museums, and places of entertainment in the vicinity worthy of seeing while visiting our site at Rosh Hanikra.
1. Liman Forest – a place to park and enjoy a barbecue or picnic. Next to the sea promenade connecting Rosh Hanikra and Achziv there is a charming eucalyptus thicket with tables supplied by Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael and with Omega playing-equipment for children. Entry is free of charge, and may be accessed by car via Road Number 4, turning from the Paz Service Station.
2. Beach and National Park at Achziv – a national park with beautiful holiday and bathing facilities that was set up on the remnants of an Arab village and on the remnants of settlements from ancient times. The site includes wide open and shady lawns and protected beaches (there is an entry fee).
3. The Tower and Stockade Museum – located at Kibbutz Hanita, and depicting the way in which settlements of the Tower and Stockade sort were established, in response to the bloody events and deprivations the settlers suffered at that time. The museum boasts a film taken on the day Hanita was first established. 04-9859677 (there is an entry fee).
4. Kibbutz Eilon Sculpture Park – the house and garden belonging to the Dodson family, offer art and history in a beautifully moving garden of plants, cactuses, mosaic statues and sculptures, jugs, masks and totem poles. By payment and arrangement in advance. 04-9858338.
5. The Botanical Garden in Nahariya – entrance fee. It offers a wide variety of Israeli plant life, a variety of animals from Israel and abroad and a petting zoo for visitors to enjoy and more. Call 04-9517491.
6. Gil Park for Every Age – a large amusement park, it is located on the northern outskirts of Nahariya and offers a wide variety of children amusement equipment – a giant slide, swings and much more (for visitors who do not live in Nahariya – entry by paying a fee).
7. National Park Yehiam Fortress – this is a national park with a Turkish fortress dating from the 18th century built on the remnants of the Crusaders. The fortress overlooks the Western Galilee expanses and its coast. At Kibbutz Yehiam, entry by fee.
8. The Ghetto Fighters' Museum and Yad LeYeled Children's Museum – the museum is located on the Akko – Nahariya road, near a Turkish aqueduct. The museum was established in memory of those who perished in the Holocaust and serves as a memorial and educational center. Entry by fee. 04-9958035, 04-99...
9. The Bahai Gardens in Akko – the temple is open on Sundays, Mondays and Fridays between 09:00 - 12:00 (free entry, please dress modestly) - opposite the Galilee Orchards, about a 20 minute ride from Rosh Hanikra; it is recommended to call ahead.
10. Old Akko – the Knight Halls, Templer Tunnel, Okashi Museum, the Turkish Bathhouse (Hamam), the Time Tunnel and more. Entry fees.
04-9819926, 1-700-702080, around a 20 minute ride from Rosh Hanikra.
1.The Rosh Hanikra Sea Center – kayaks and more, 052-3798610, by appointment and fee.
2. The Nahariya Diving Center – speed boats, banana, diving, snuba. 04-9511503, by appointment and fee payment.
3. Achziv Sea Treck - tornado boats, jeeps, diving, all day activities, by appointment and fee, 04-9823671.